8 important SEO Tips that will help you move up the Google rankings
8 important SEO Tips that will help you move up the Google rankings – SEO is a tough nut to crack for many.
For those with many years of experience, it is still quite a bit of trying new methods and trying to figure out what is best to bring the rankings on the SERPs.
There are so many different signals that Google picks up to make the rankings of the individual keywords, SEOs take years to slowly figure them out and the best is to do more optimization for every possible thing that matters to Google and get the rankings that the clients desire. But also at the same time making sure all is done within the methods allowed by Google.
So here we are going to share 9 tips that will help you to move up the ranks in Google and achieve your goals of reading leads that will generate income and be able to bring you good business.
- Linking to other websites that share similar content
Not only is getting links from relevant website important, linking to relevant websites also help you to rank better on Google because you are to Google a resource that is trying to give value to the people who are using their search engine.Linking out to relevant pages such as those in your industry or to a directory will help you to gain search engine attention.You do not really need to worry on trying to keep all the link juice to yourself because in some cases, sharing is caring.Some platforms do link to pages like Wikipedia, because wikipedia is a great place for information to be found and it is also one of the most read websites in the world.
Getting a cross reference onto a page that has good information for further reading helps the internet by forming more relevant linkages to the whole wide web which not only helps users but it helps Google too!
- Speed up your website through removing useless items
Do you have too many big images or having too many items on your page that slows it down dramatically?You can consider getting them removed so that the website loads a little faster.The thing about Google is that there are many components to how it will rank websites and in recent years, the speed of loading a page affects how it ranks on Google.
Google wants to give their users a good experience when they go to the website that they push to the front of results on Google.If the site is a slow website that takes a very long time to load and get ready, users may not wish to stay on the site and move on to other websites.
This tells Google that this site is not the wanted site for the results and therefore will push the rankings backwards.Making sure your site loads fast is one of the core things to look out for when you want to rank on the top for any results or keywords. Make use of special plugins or methods to minimize file sizes and also caching to get things loading faster.
- Getting other bloggers and websites to link to youWe all know the best way to get a link and get some link juice from the rest of the internet is to get websites to link to you. Link building is a tough process, some links can be bought through directories and some through posting articles on platforms.The most useful way though is to get it from relevant websites that have the same topic of interest as you and to get this blogs or bloggers to guest post what you have wrote.Getting the relevant websites takes a lot of research and time to figure out if they are worth working with, then the hard part is to convince them that your article is of value to their readers and therefore deserve to be on their blogs. This not only allows them to have fresh and high quality content that will interest their readers and at the same time gives them fresh content to show Google that they are an active site that is constantly updating their site.The content you pitch to them must therefore be high quality and informative and since you might be an expert in your field, spend good time to write the content to its highest quality and deliver it to the relevant experts in the field.
- Have analytics ready
No other fields in this 21st century is more valuable than data. Having analytics set up allows you to detect which keywords are working out for you and which are not. You will also be able to figure out which marketing methods is actually working for you and even find out which age group prefers your content.This allows you to work on your onsite content to suit what your customers need and also allows you to have a more targeted link acquisition method that reaches the correct group of potential clients.Nothing is the worse than to waste good money on marketing methods that do not work at all. So the best way to find out which method is working and where to focus more on is when you have analytics in place and be able to understand how to read the data that it provides you. This way you will be able to do a stronger and more targeted method of doing marketing.
Through using this data, you will also be able to build up a strong means of marketing through search engine or social networking sites.
- Social signals are important to your ranking
Social media and social networking sites don’t use to be a big thing in the market and in the internet. But with the advent of so many social sites, the things that you post in this networks do lead to traffic getting into your website. This matters to Google as well, sites such as Facebook, Youtube, Instagram and other sites do provide that little boost that you might not see value in but when the no-follow link still gives you an exposure it does matter.Google likes sites that are well traffic by people, with your analytics and webmaster tools installed, they are able to traffic and find out where you are getting traffic, so having social media and networking site attention is still an important position for ranking.Not forgetting organic traffic is always good when it comes to any form of marketing, the flow of people coming in means more eyeballs on your product and services which means a higher chance for you to reach your intended customers.
- Keywords are used in your images and videosEveryone tries to write an article with all the keywords needed for that article and try to squeeze them in but they forgot that image is also one of the best ways for them to get their SEO done.Alt keywords in the images do make a difference when it comes to ranking for the keyword you want to and when your customers search through images and the alt text of the images are done with the keywords in place, you can get your website in front of your customers through your image.This is one thing and location that most people do not watch over and you should focus on this to make sure you have them well optimized, do not waste SEO real estate.
- Consistently creating unique content that will bring you eye ballsWriting high quality content on a regular basis is important when it comes to getting the attention of Google. Google is always out in search for the best content to present to their users and if you write an article that is well optimized and also with a good use of search engine optimization techniques, you will get a chance to rank for the first page of Google.This brings you the opportunity of ranking well in Google for keywords.This brings you traffic for your website and therefore brings you the needed business that you will be seeking.
But when you write, some people tend to write for the search engine instead of people and when this is done, the content do not seem to make any sense to humans at all.
With this Google also has algorithms to ensure that the writing and the content do make sense to human and the artificial intelligence Google employs is able to do a good job in finding out if content is done by a computer or done by a human being.
Remember to write for the humans, write consistently and write with a good research in point and you will reap the benefits of writing.
- URL structures done right!The website structure is an important part of the SEO process. If your website is easy to navigate for humans, it will be easy to navigate for the bots that are going to be coming through your website.If there are too many secret and hidden pages, it makes it hard for the Google Bots to be able to read and find your content then the SEO of the website is not done in a very clean and effective manner.Always remember, be ready for the human user and the bots will have a good time getting the proper work indexed.
Site architectures that are clear and easy to understand is always best for websites that wish to rank well on Google.
SEO Geek is a Singapore based SEO Services Company with expertise in onsite and offsite SEO work.
8 important SEO Tips that will help you move up the Google rankings