The world is in the digital age right now, we spend more time on our mobile devices than we are in the real world. We consume through Google or Facebook/Instagram and we believe the things we see even if it is advertisements or it is just purely suggestions. Search Engine Optimization is listed as one of the top 10 skills to learn in this digital age because of how it could be used to influence purchases through searches in Google. Many people do not know that the returns on Google are actually able to shift based on the work of Search Engine Optimizer.
Being one of the top ten must learn skills of 2019, what are the ways that you can actually pick this skill up without spending too much time trying to even figure out what is going behind the whole work of it.
- Learn from a skilled practitionerThe best way to kick start learning something is to have a mentor or a teacher, learning through someone who has done the work for many years and is familiar with the quirks of it helps you to kick start your learning and career a little better. It takes many years to pick up a certain skill if you do not have someone to educate and teach you.This process can be shorten with either working for someone and learning the skill sets of search engine optimization through the practice that you get in the role or you could go for courses that can cost you maybe from $500 to $3000 to learn how to get into the game of SEO and what are the things to watch out for when you are running a campaign on your own.
The hardest parts are usually the tricks and the methods that the old timer have in their sleeves because this are the effective methods that sets them apart from the rest and this is also the methods that will allow them to be able to achieve the results that most people want. Which is to rank first page or even top 3 for most of the keywords that are being optimized.
- Learn SEO through Google and YoutubeThe next best place to learn Search Engine Optimization skills is of course to do it on Google or Youtube. There are many resources that you can use to learn the skills but there are also a lot of resources that do not really explain the theory in ways that are easy for someone with little technical skills can understand. The trainers that train you will be able to use analogies to help you learn but online resources usually assume you already have some idea how the internet works and how Google works.Youtube has a lot of very good resources for you to learn SEO as well, there are people like Neil Patel who is a great SEO and he teaches a lot of very interesting methods and also ways to get your links and also how do you design the site architecture etc.
- Have a website and practice practice practiceNothing is learn without practice. Get yourself a website and practice a lot! That is one of the few things that people who learn SEO do not end up doing. They learn and they try and they dont see results and end up giving up very soon.
SEO takes time and time will tell if your methods work and this is over the span of weeks or months.
It is a lot of trial and error and if you fail, it will take a few weeks again to know if it actually did help you up or down the SERPS rankings.
To be really good in SEO can take you years and this will mean spending a lot of time on it but the rewards and results are what really is rewarding for most people who learn this skill and are able to deliver high quality results for themselves or for their businesses.
- Go to forums to ask questions on best practicesEven for myself, i do head out to forums to learn from the gurus, no one is better than everyone else. There are always some interesting method of optimization that leads to better results. What works for me might be too time consuming for the other. For some they have access to resources that i myself do not have. This makes for a good opportunity to share and find out resources that we can share with each other and work with.
Everyone has something to share and learn from each other, this is about being humble and being able to ask for help when you need them. Only through learning from others can you improve and become a better person.
- Try new methods and understand new updates from GoogleRead up on all the new updates that Google talk about and release. If you are going against what they are planning to do, unwind them and work towards what Google wants to achieve. New methods are always coming up, do not always stick with the keyword stuffing or blind spam link building that do not even work anymore.
Write quality content on your website that will get shared on social networking and media sites. This equity is not just for SEO but also brand building. It is far better to be known as a influencer in your field like Neil Patel than to purely achieve everything through hardcore black hat SEO that many SEOs still deploy to this date.